The Inman Aligner is a simple and hassle-free way of straightening your front teeth.
It is fast, very safe and great value compared to other systems and provides a real alternative to traditional or clear braces.
It works by gently guiding your front teeth to an ideal position in a matter of weeks. Most cases complete in 6-16 weeks and because it’s removable you can take it out to fit with your lifestyle.
Clive Marks is a certified Inman Aligner Dentist. You can view his certification on the Inman Aligner website.
What is an Inman Aligner?
The Inman Aligner is a simple removable appliance used to align front teeth quickly and safely.
It can be used as the solution for tooth crowding, protrusion, rotations and crossbites.
It’s ideal as a stand alone treatment or to prealign teeth prior to further cosmetic options such as bonding or minimal veneers.Most cases complete in 6-16 weeks and because it’s removable you can take it out to fit with your lifestyle.
How does it work?
The Inman Aligner has Nickel Titanium coil springs that power two aligner bows that gently oppose each other, guiding the teeth into their new position. These gentle forces are active over a very large range of movement, which is why the Inman Aligner works so quickly.
The image below shows the squeeze effect of the two aligner bows on the front teeth. The inner bow pushes forwards, while the outer bow pulls back on the front teeth.
How long is the treatment with the Inman Aligner?
Most cases are completed within 6-18 weeks but Clive will give you a realistic guide of what to expect. The Inman Aligner is often much faster than alternative orthodontic techniques.
What’s involved in Treatment with the Inman Aligner?
- Your initial appointment with Clive will determine if the Inman Aligner is suitable for you.
- Impressions are needed so that the lab can fabricate your custom made Inman Aligner.
- Clive will carry out an initial fitting of the Aligner.
- You should wear the Aligner 16-20 hours a day
- You will come in for regular Inman checks every 2-3 weeks.
- As with other orthodontic treatment, after treatment is completed with the Inman Aligner, retention is recommended for life to prevent relapse. Retention can come in the form of a lingually bonded retainer or an Essix retainer.
Why choose Inman Aligner
- Achieve great results using just one appliance
- Fast results
- Safe and gentle alignment treatment
- Quickly align teeth before veneer treatment
- Removed and inserted as easily as a retainer
Inman Aligner FAQs
Compliance is paramount. The Aligner will only work if you wear it everyday for the treatment time. Ideally patient should wear the Aligner for 20 hours a day maximum. Any less and the treatment could take longer to complete.
It should always be removed before eating and you should clean your teeth and your Aligner before you refit it back into your mouth. It is okay to take your aligner out for photos, special occasions and eating as long as this is not for longer than a few hours.