You may have noticed a plaque on the gate post informing you that we are members of the Good Practice Scheme, run by the British Dental Association, and wondered what it is all about.
To quote the British Dental Association;
“The Scheme supports dental teams with their commitment to working to nationally agreed standards of good practice in the delivery of dental care”.
With new legislation coming at our profession in ever increasing piles, this Scheme helps to assure us that we are working to proper standards and that we are complying with this mountain of legislation.
The Scheme has the stated requirements that:
- We aim to provide dental care of consistently good quality;
- We only provide care that meets your needs and wishes;
- We aim to make treatment as comfortable and convenient as possible;
- We look after your general health and safety while you are with us;
- We follow the BDA’s guidelines on infection control;
- We check for mouth cancer;
- We continue constant professional development to keep our skills and knowledge up-to-date;
- We train all staff in practice work systems;
- We welcome feedback and deal promptly with complaints;
- We are aware of the need to work safely under General Dental Council guidelines.